At ChatterBug, we believe that a flexible, evidence-based approach is the best way to get results.
Designed by our in-house speech and language therapists (SLTs) with over 10 years of experience.
Our training and therapy programmes include:
- Focused on establishing supportive communicative environments at home and in school.
- Bespoke therapy sessions for individual groups or children, on a one-off or on-going basis. We can also train parents and staff to deliver these programmes.
- A complete programme, assessing, diagnosing and treating individuals or groups, using an evidence-based approach to get results. Ideal for more complex communication difficulties.
- We actively promote quality-first teaching, and can conduct a full or part audit of your staff and school environment to help tailor our programmes to your needs.
Our musical communication groups are designed to help young children develop vocabulary and communication skills independently. These highly interactive sessions focus on nurturing pre-verbal communication skills.
These sessions also help develop early social skills such as turn taking, The activities are set up to engage young children in a fun and structured environment, therefore incorporating a range of games, songs and musical movement into the sessions.
Making the leap from primary to secondary school can be daunting for some children, particularly those with communication difficulties. To prepare children for what’s ahead, ChatterBug offers a Transition Group.
Developed by our SLTs and supported by Aphasic, this 5-day programme addresses pupils’ and parents’ concerns and looks to overcome these issues in a positive manner. The programme is designed to give children confidence as they move into secondary school as well as providing pupils with new skills, such as reading a timetable, problem solving, social skills and managing bullying.
We believe that a flexible, evidence-based
approach is the best way to get results.
ChatterBug has a wealth of experience in medico-legal work. Our speech and language therapists take a professional and discreet approach to legal proceedings involving children and young adults. We conduct thorough, independent assessments, write detailed reports, and provide expert advice on the best steps to take.
Our medico-legal services can be used to:
- Assess the extent of a speech, language or communication problem
- Determine whether communication difficulties are affecting a child’s education, making them eligible for extra support
- Evaluate the impact of injury/medical negligence on the development of communication skills
- Assess whether a child/young adult has the ability to act as a witness in court
For more information about our services and expertise, get in touch with our helpful advisors.