An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and creative therapist to join our team in Halton working as part of our Talk Halton project.
As part of the Talk Halton Project Team, the post holder will provide training and support for professionals working with families from birth to five years old to support speech, communication and language needs, so that children have the language skills needed to thrive at school.There will be a particular focus on the use of the Wellcomm materials.
This post is part of a government initiative (Early Outcomes Project) to halve the proportion of children that finish Reception without the communication, language and literacy skills needed to thrive within the next decade.
Supporting families in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the country, the project aims to improve the language and communication skills of children from birth to five years old, as children who start school behind often struggle to catch up. The post will provide parent-child workshops, practitioner training and outreach programmes to raise awareness amongst parents and Early Years practitioners of the importance of speech, language and communication development.
Talk Halton will use communication tools and techniques, including closer collaboration between education and health services, that will have a lasting impact for children today and for future generations.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Confident and assertive
- Passionate and interested in training and upskilling parents and professionals
- Experience of working with Early Years Practitioners
- Knowledge and interest of Early Years
- Ability to work flexibly, under direction and independently where necessary
- Experience of working collaboratively and innovatively within a multi-agency setting
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- Experience in delivering staff training
- Valid Driving License
- Access to own vehicle
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree level
- Membership – RCSLT and HCPC
Successful candidates will be required to travel to Leeds for an interview.
Download Full Job Description