ICAN: Early Talk Boost Training
ICAN: Early Talk Boost Training
Early Talk Boost is an evidence-based, targeted intervention, ICAN accredited course delivered by one of ChatterBug’s trained Speech and Language Therapists. The course is aimed at 3-4 year old children with delayed language development that helps to boost their language skills to help narrow the gap between them and their peers. Evidence has shown that after the Early Talk Boost intervention, children make statistically significant progress in their early language. On average they make 6 months progress after a nine-week intervention helping them to catch up with other children their age. This is twice the amount of progress of children not having the intervention. This workshop will provide you with the skills and knowledge to understand the rationale behind Early Talk Boost, an overview of SLCN and which areas of SLCN can be supported by Early Talk Boost, identify appropriate children, measure their progress and deliver the intervention successfully.
Why is it important to take this course?
Early Talk Boost has been designed by specialist speech and language therapists and a highly experienced nursery teacher. The intervention’s design is based on strong evidence of what is known to support language development in the early years.
Early Talk Boost supports:
- Attention and listening as a foundation skill for speaking and listening
- Developing vocabulary; as research shows that children with weaker vocabularies are at risk of difficulties with reading.
- Building sentences; putting words together is a vital skill for having conversations and telling stories
After Early Talk Boost:
- Children make statistically significant progress in their early language development
- On average, children make six months’ progress after the nine-week intervention, helping them to narrow the gap between them and other children their age. This is twice the rate of progress of children not having the intervention
- 95% of parents felt that Early Talk Boost had made a difference to their children’s language and communication
- Parents felt they had learnt something by being involved in the programme, and would change how they talked to their child.
- 76% of children said that they were happy telling stories (compared with 31% before the intervention)
- Samples of children’s talking showed they used longer and more complicated sentences
- After Early Talk Boost training, all early years practitioners surveyed felt more confident in supporting children’s language, and 94% said it would change the way they worked.
Early Talk Boost is designed for children with delayed language skills due to reduced opportunities to develop language and communication skills in their early years. Studies show that children from areas of deprivation are 2 over twice as likely to have poor language development in the early years. Early Talk Boost aims to give children who have missed out on these early communication opportunities the boost they need to catch up in their language development.
What will you learn on the course?
- The training will give participants the skills and knowledge to understand the rationale behind Early Talk Boost, identify appropriate children, measure their progress and deliver the intervention successfully
What are the benefits of attending this course?
- ICAN Accredited Course
- Supports children who are not achieving their expected levels of progress in their language development
- Can be used to demonstrate to Ofsted how you are focusing on developing staff skills
- Help to build relationships with parents, by reinforcing the language skills the child learned during the group sessions
- Demonstrates the effective use of your Early Years Pupil Premium allocation
- An all-in-one speech and language solution package
- Can be used by non speech and language specialists
- Proven to improve children’s language and communication through our evidence base
- Designed to be sustainable so you can deliver the intervention multiple times to new groups of children
- A dedicated team at I CAN to support you to maximise the impact of Early Talk Boost in your setting
Identify, monitor and track children’s progress before and following the intervention with the online tracker
ICAN Early Talk Boost training course, is perfect for education and childcare professionals, such as teachers, teaching assistants and SENCO’s working with children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). The training is for early years practitioners working with groups of 3-4 year olds in early years settings. Participants will develop the skills and knowledge to understand the rationale behind Early Talk Boost, identify appropriate children, measure their progress and deliver the intervention successfully.
LocationOnline Course - https://meet.google.com/
Please Note ICAN Resources are NOT included in this training. Order the intervention materials from ICAN https://ican.org.uk/shop/
Our training courses are perfect for education and childcare professionals, such as teachers, teaching assistants and SENCO’s. The course is also suitable for speech and language therapists, undergraduate and postgraduate students who are undertaking a degree in the field wanting to learn about how they can support pupils in the classroom or their setting.
At Chatterbug, we are always seeking new and effective ways to support professionals education and child care professionals who work within schools and with children with speech and language communication needs. All of our training courses are written and delivered by our expert Speech and Language Therapists and quality and evidence based intervention strategies are guaranteed.
These programmes are designed to help raise awareness, teach valuable skills and share knowledge, and ultimately provide your staff with the confidence to support individuals with speech and language communication in your setting. The aims of these courses are also to spark your creativity when planning your lessons, in order to create an inclusive environment allowing pupils to reach their full learning potential as well as making the classroom and learning environment more inclusive for pupils with SLCN.
Our training and therapy programmes are designed to eﬀectively target the following areas:
Focus on establishing supportive communication environments at home and in school, thus providing consistency.
Create bespoke therapy sessions for individuals or groups, either as a single occurrence or ongoing input. We can also train parents and staff to deliver these programmes.
We actively promote quality-first teaching, and can conduct a full or part audit of your staff and school environment to help tailor our programmes to your needs.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our training courses will be taking place online via Google Meet. All relevant support information for accessing the course will be sent out to attendees prior to the course.
We accept all major debit/credit cards via Stripe and Paypal. We have an invoice option for education-based settings, schools and organisations. Please select the Pay by Invoice option via checkout and a member of staff will contact you and send the appropriate department the invoice to pay.
Once completed, and we receive your order we will process the payment and send you an invoice request, once the payment has been paid we will send you confirmation and details to access the course directly. Please note if you are booking on behalf of someone else or a colleague please ensure you include their email address and contact .
Yes of course, please add all the course attendee(s) full name and email address at the time of booking.
We will be in touch with a booking confirmation as soon as we process your email.
This will include full of your course booking and also a full invoice.
It should hopefully give you all the information that you need but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re here to help.
Yes, we provide a certified ChatterBug Certificate once you have completed the course and provided feedback.
If you have any special needs or requirements please let us know when you book your course so that we can confirm that we’ll be able to accommodate your needs before you book the course. Please also let the trainer know at the start of your training day.
Once you have completed the training survey, and the training course we will provide you access to the training recording, as well as any resources (if applicable). The recording will only be available for 2 weeks from the date this is sent.
Yes, we offer post training support for our in-house training sessions. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you have.
We can deliver a bespoke training programme to your staff. We deliver our training courses face to face in your setting and are commissioned directly by schools, nurseries, and academies. We work alongside trusts and clusters of schools to deliver the training programmes that you require. If our scheduled courses do not fully meet your requirements, we are happy to develop bespoke courses to meet the needs of your workforce and setting of a time and date that work for you.
What are the next steps?
If you would like a bespoke training programme or would like to to discuss how bespoke training could work for your setting please contact our office on 0113 240 8510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & Prices
21/09/2021 9:30 am
Virtual Workshop via Google Meet
Upskill staff in your education-setting
Flexible self-paced learning
Qualified, expert trainers