Introduction to a Communication Friendly Environment
Introduction to a Communication Friendly Environment
Our Introduction to a Communication Friendly Environment training course explores the principles behind communication friendly environments and how these can enhance whole class learning that is suitable for all pupils, but particularly children who suffer from speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). A communication friendly environment supports the development of all children’s communication skills and can also be seen as removing barriers to communication, whilst supporting their learning, social and emotional development. Participating in this course will not only help you enhance your classroom learning but help you understand how you play a vital role in creating a communication friendly environment for children with SLCN.
Why is it important to take this course?
Creating a communication friendly environment is vital for all education settings but especially if you have children in your setting with Speech, Language and Communication Needs or other needs. A good communication environment ensures that ALL children in the class have access to various modes of communication to allow them to acquire the speech and language skills and/or use these methods to communicate with their peers and staff.
If staff are not aware of how to create a communication friendly environment for all children in their setting, this can hinder a child's development, disable them from accessing the curriculum, make developing friendships and interacting with others much more difficult.
What will you learn on the course?
- What is/what makes a communication friendly environment and why is it so important?
- How to create a communication friendly environment in your setting
- How you can share the knowledge learnt on this course with your colleagues
- How can you create a friendly environment in all classrooms from Foundation Stage to Key Stage 1/2/3
- How to arrange for a ChatterBug communication Audit led by a Speech and Language Therapist
What are the benefits of attending this course?
- Gain more confidence to work with and support all children in school
- Develop your skills in being creative and innovative in terms of both lesson planning and classroom arrangements/organisation
- Readily adapt your communication to suit the needs of all children with speech, language and communication needs
- Ensure all children have an equal opportunity to thrive and reach personal milestones
- Develop your skills in differentiating lesson plans to ensure your learning objective is accessible to every child in your class, in a creative and innovative way
- Engage and motivate children more readily in the classroom
- ChatterBug Certificate of Achievement (Used as CPD Training)
- This course allows you to upskill colleagues in your setting
- Opportunities for further questions and access to further support
Our Introduction to a Communication Friendly Environment training course, is perfect for education and childcare professionals, such as teachers, teaching assistants and SENCO’s working with children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). The course is also suitable for speech and language therapists, undergraduate and postgraduate students who are undertaking a degree in the field and looking for support and more information.
LocationOnline Course - https://meet.google.com/
- By enhancing the language learning environment, all children can be supported to develop their language skills further within the mainstream classroom
- Environments which promote a good communicative environment allow children to develop oral language skills as well as their wider Literacy skills and support them in excelling in other academic subjects too. In order for this to happen, educational staff are required to have the understanding and skills to support children to develop “their receptive and expressive language skills and are able to support their development in the classroom context
Our training courses are perfect for education and childcare professionals, such as teachers, teaching assistants and SENCO’s. The course is also suitable for speech and language therapists, undergraduate and postgraduate students who are undertaking a degree in the field wanting to learn about how they can support pupils in the classroom or their setting.
At Chatterbug, we are always seeking new and effective ways to support professionals education and child care professionals who work within schools and with children with speech and language communication needs. All of our training courses are written and delivered by our expert Speech and Language Therapists and quality and evidence based intervention strategies are guaranteed.
These programmes are designed to help raise awareness, teach valuable skills and share knowledge, and ultimately provide your staff with the confidence to support individuals with speech and language communication in your setting. The aims of these courses are also to spark your creativity when planning your lessons, in order to create an inclusive environment allowing pupils to reach their full learning potential as well as making the classroom and learning environment more inclusive for pupils with SLCN.
Our training and therapy programmes are designed to eﬀectively target the following areas:
Focus on establishing supportive communication environments at home and in school, thus providing consistency.
Create bespoke therapy sessions for individuals or groups, either as a single occurrence or ongoing input. We can also train parents and staff to deliver these programmes.
We actively promote quality-first teaching, and can conduct a full or part audit of your staff and school environment to help tailor our programmes to your needs.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our training courses will be taking place online via Google Meet. All relevant support information for accessing the course will be sent out to attendees prior to the course.
We accept all major debit/credit cards via Stripe and Paypal. We have an invoice option for education-based settings, schools and organisations. Please select the Pay by Invoice option via checkout and a member of staff will contact you and send the appropriate department the invoice to pay.
Once completed, and we receive your order we will process the payment and send you an invoice request, once the payment has been paid we will send you confirmation and details to access the course directly. Please note if you are booking on behalf of someone else or a colleague please ensure you include their email address and contact .
Yes of course, please add all the course attendee(s) full name and email address at the time of booking.
We will be in touch with a booking confirmation as soon as we process your email.
This will include full of your course booking and also a full invoice.
It should hopefully give you all the information that you need but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re here to help.
Yes, we provide a certified ChatterBug Certificate once you have completed the course and provided feedback.
If you have any special needs or requirements please let us know when you book your course so that we can confirm that we’ll be able to accommodate your needs before you book the course. Please also let the trainer know at the start of your training day.
Once you have completed the training survey, and the training course we will provide you access to the training recording, as well as any resources (if applicable). The recording will only be available for 2 weeks from the date this is sent.
Yes, we offer post training support for our in-house training sessions. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you have.
We can deliver a bespoke training programme to your staff. We deliver our training courses face to face in your setting and are commissioned directly by schools, nurseries, and academies. We work alongside trusts and clusters of schools to deliver the training programmes that you require. If our scheduled courses do not fully meet your requirements, we are happy to develop bespoke courses to meet the needs of your workforce and setting of a time and date that work for you.
What are the next steps?
If you would like a bespoke training programme or would like to to discuss how bespoke training could work for your setting please contact our office on 0113 240 8510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & Prices
14/09/2021 3:30 pm
Virtual Workshop via Google Meet
Upskill staff in your education-setting
Flexible self-paced learning
Qualified, expert trainers