Supporting Emotional Regulation
Supporting Emotional Regulation
Our Supporting Emotional Regulation Training Course looks at how the Zones of Regulation programme can be implemented to teach self-regulation. Understand what ‘Zones of Regulation’ is, understand what emotional regulation is and to be aware of our role and boundaries with regards to emotional regulation.
Why is it important to take this course?
Emotional regulation is a person’s ability to identify and manage their own emotions. Some children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) may find it more difficult to manage their emotions. This course provides an overview of emotional regulation and how to support these skills. A child or young person who presents with difficulties relating to their emotional regulation skills may present with unexpected or disruptive behaviours or respond to situations with unexpected responses. Therefore, it is important for staff to develop an understand of emotional regulation and appropriate approaches.
What will you learn on the course?
- What emotional regulation is
- Who may demonstrate difficulties with their emotional regulation skills
- What approaches/programmes can support emotional regulation skills
- Key points for parents and staff working with children with emotional regulation difficulties
- Where to access further support
What are the benefits of attending this course?
- To gain a more in-depth understanding of emotional regulation and it’s development
- To gain an understanding of approaches and programmes relating to emotional regulation, including ‘The Zones of Regulation’ and ‘Language for Thinking and Behaviours’
- To gain an understanding of behavioural, language and metacognitive strategies to support emotional regulation
- To understand how language and emotional regulation are linked
- To become more confident in supporting children and young people who demonstrate difficulties with their emotions regulation skills
- To have an opportunity to talk to a Speech and Language Therapist who has experience working with children and young people with supporting emotional regulation
- Ensure all children have an equal opportunity to thrive and reach personal milestones
- Learn how to implement universal strategies that can support all children and develop their language and communication skills
- ChatterBug Certificate of Achievement (Used as CPD Training)
- This course allows you to upskill colleagues in your setting
- Opportunities for further questions and access to further support
Our Supporting Emotional Regulation training course, is perfect for education and childcare professionals, such as teachers, teaching assistants and SENCO’s working with children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). The course is also suitable for speech and language therapists, undergraduate and postgraduate students who are undertaking a degree in the field and looking for support and more information.
LocationOnline Course - https://meet.google.com/
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it (Charles Swindoll)
- Good communication skills are a protective factor as regards resilience and mental health, but SLCN and poor social relationships are risk factors for SEMH (Public Health England 2016)
- Language skills are crucial in order to understand both our own and others’ emotions and for self-regulation. (RCSLT, 2021)
Our training courses are perfect for education and childcare professionals, such as teachers, teaching assistants and SENCO’s. The course is also suitable for speech and language therapists, undergraduate and postgraduate students who are undertaking a degree in the field wanting to learn about how they can support pupils in the classroom or their setting.
At Chatterbug, we are always seeking new and effective ways to support professionals education and child care professionals who work within schools and with children with speech and language communication needs. All of our training courses are written and delivered by our expert Speech and Language Therapists and quality and evidence based intervention strategies are guaranteed.
These programmes are designed to help raise awareness, teach valuable skills and share knowledge, and ultimately provide your staff with the confidence to support individuals with speech and language communication in your setting. The aims of these courses are also to spark your creativity when planning your lessons, in order to create an inclusive environment allowing pupils to reach their full learning potential as well as making the classroom and learning environment more inclusive for pupils with SLCN.
Our training and therapy programmes are designed to eﬀectively target the following areas:
Focus on establishing supportive communication environments at home and in school, thus providing consistency.
Create bespoke therapy sessions for individuals or groups, either as a single occurrence or ongoing input. We can also train parents and staff to deliver these programmes.
We actively promote quality-first teaching, and can conduct a full or part audit of your staff and school environment to help tailor our programmes to your needs.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our training courses will be taking place online via Google Meet. All relevant support information for accessing the course will be sent out to attendees prior to the course.
We accept all major debit/credit cards via Stripe and Paypal. We have an invoice option for education-based settings, schools and organisations. Please select the Pay by Invoice option via checkout and a member of staff will contact you and send the appropriate department the invoice to pay.
Once completed, and we receive your order we will process the payment and send you an invoice request, once the payment has been paid we will send you confirmation and details to access the course directly. Please note if you are booking on behalf of someone else or a colleague please ensure you include their email address and contact .
Yes of course, please add all the course attendee(s) full name and email address at the time of booking.
We will be in touch with a booking confirmation as soon as we process your email.
This will include full of your course booking and also a full invoice.
It should hopefully give you all the information that you need but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re here to help.
Yes, we provide a certified ChatterBug Certificate once you have completed the course and provided feedback.
If you have any special needs or requirements please let us know when you book your course so that we can confirm that we’ll be able to accommodate your needs before you book the course. Please also let the trainer know at the start of your training day.
Once you have completed the training survey, and the training course we will provide you access to the training recording, as well as any resources (if applicable). The recording will only be available for 2 weeks from the date this is sent.
Yes, we offer post training support for our in-house training sessions. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you have.
We can deliver a bespoke training programme to your staff. We deliver our training courses face to face in your setting and are commissioned directly by schools, nurseries, and academies. We work alongside trusts and clusters of schools to deliver the training programmes that you require. If our scheduled courses do not fully meet your requirements, we are happy to develop bespoke courses to meet the needs of your workforce and setting of a time and date that work for you.
What are the next steps?
If you would like a bespoke training programme or would like to to discuss how bespoke training could work for your setting please contact our office on 0113 240 8510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & Prices
11/11/2021 3:30 pm
Virtual Workshop via Google Meet
Upskill staff in your education-setting
Flexible self-paced learning
Qualified, expert trainers